Friday, June 23, 2006

Thank You Senator Akaka


Why would anyone put a political sticker on their car??? Is there anything in it for me???

Will I get a big non-bid contract from the military? ...NO.

Will the law be changed to rid tax breaks for buying those gas sucking Hummers? ...NO!

Will I get some great tax break to protect my $,$$$,$$$,$$$.$$...HECK NO!!

Will I at least get preffered parking at UH games...H#LL NO!!!

But...the following message IS why I decided to put this sticker on my car:

Dear Senator Akaka,

Aloha and THANK YOU!!!!!

I just wanted to send you a very warm "Thank You" for being one of the few Senators who had the GUTS to vote for an expidited end to George Bush's unjustified and illegal occupation of Iraq. I have followed your voting record and I am grateful for your extrodinarily brave leadership (from the beginning) taking a stand AGAINST this entire Iraq debacle.

I just question how much more death and destruction it will take for the "others" to show the intelligence and fortitude you have shown. (Perhaps, only when George Bush requests to reinstate the Draft will all the chickenhawks in Congress begin to show their true colors.)

In addition, in your upcoming bid for re-election, I will tell all my friends to support you, instead of that turncoat, no exit plan, fake Democrat, Ed Case. In the recent parallel House Resolution vote, he absolutely FAILED to demonstrate the courage Representative Abercrombie, Senator Inouye and youself have shown on this matter.

Last night, I proudly put your campaign sticker on my car. Here is a post about it on my blog: Senator Akaka - No Ka Oi

Akaka No Ka Oi!!!
Take care, Steven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home